| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Bristol VA station? https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18558 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | p51 [ Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Bristol, VA station? |
On a recent trip to see my folks in Tweetsie country, I took my wife to Bristol (so she could say she's been to Virginia). We drove down the street where the TN/VA state line is, and I took a good look at the (I think) old N&W station there.wow.It's in amazing condition. I'm guessing this is where N&W # 611 and her sisters used to stop when she was running way back when?What I don't get is what it's being used for. It's a crying shame that such a fine-looking structure is sitting empty... |
|
| Author: | gcrr [ Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Bristol, VA station? |
The station is in the process of being restored. There are many plans for its use once the restoration is complete.In the late 70s/early 80s, the station was "remodeled" into a mall. Several additions were added and you could barely tell it was a station. Eventually, the mall closed and the station became a living place for vagrants, etc. About 5 years ago, the Bristol Historical Foundation purchased the building and started restoration. The first thing they did was tear down the additions.Matt HeltonBristol, VA |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|