Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

CNJ switcher restoration
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18593
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Pat Fahey [ Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:04 pm ]
Post subject:  CNJ switcher restoration

What the latest new on that CNJ switcher that was being restored,,,??? any picture's of the restoration,,thanks Pat

Author:  tim o'm [ Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: CNJ switcher restoration

It took me a while to figure out which CNJ switcher you meant. I instantly thought of the Pocono Northeast Railroad SW9 no 601. I haven't seen this engine in a long time. But, I figured you were asking about the 0-6-0 steam engine no. 113. I drove to Minersville,PA yesterday to check it out. I had no camera, and the weather was dark and rainy.However, the locomotive looks better each time I see it. This does not mean it will run soon. There were tools and machines nearby. The smokebox and tender look in great shape. The running gear was under a tarp, so I couldn't get a good look. The two coaches they picked up from Steamtown are boarded over in most of the windows, so this will take some time, too. Now, if you mean a different switcher, let us know, to get this thread moving.

Author:  robertjohndavis [ Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:29 am ]
Post subject:  CNJ SW-1 #1012

Tim,Since you brought it up, has there been any effort to save PNER #601, formerly CNJ #1012 from the dead line at RMDI in Coxton, PA?Rob

Author:  tim o'm [ Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: CNJ SW-1 #1012

I have heard nothing, and didn't realize it was still in the area. With my limited railfanning of PNER in the early 90s, I never saw that engine running. They preferred the blue switcher, and the ex Pennsy GP9, that is now based at Air Products.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/