It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: UP 3985 Trace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:02 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:40 am
Posts: 21
While chasing the UP 3985 I discovered that UP was using the Ham Radio APRS (Automatic Position Reporting System) to transmit it's location. Other APRS stations would receive the location and upload it to the internet, which UP would use to post on their website. I thought I'd post a better way to look up the info. http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=up3985&terra=4This service displays a map and I beleive a terraserve picture to locate the object. It makes following the steamer a little more fun. I've also noticed it loads faster than the UP web site.Aaron Zorkohttp://ocsr.net


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UP 3985 Trace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:39 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:26 am
Posts: 4777
Location: Maine
Wow! This is great news. I'm wondering if 844 is similarly equipped? This should make for some excellent photography and planning. Thanks!

_________________
"It's only impossible until it's done." -Nelson Mandela


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: