It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: K-28 help
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:47 pm 

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:24 pm
Posts: 283
Location: New Jersey
I am a drafter by hobby and I excel at drafting railroad equipment. I got my first taste of drawing a D&RG loco when I drew K-27 #453. Now I want to do a K-28. Dose anyone know where I could find dimensions for this class of locomotive? Or if someone could fill in the blanks...... 1.pony wheel dia 2.Driver dia 3.rear wheel dia. 4.distance from the center of the pony wheel to the center of the first driver. 5.distances between the center of #1 driver and #2 driver. #2 and #3, and #3 and #4. and the distance from the center of the #4 driver to the center of the rear truck 6.boiler dia. 7.smoke box length 8.height of the center of the boiler from the top of the rail head 9.length of the boiler from the rear of the smoke box to the rear of the fire box. 10. fire box length and depth from the top of the boiler. 11. cab dimensions, length, height to the bottom of the roof, height to the top of the roof. 12.dome dias. and the distance between the domes and the distance between the cab and rear dome. 13.height of the stack. 14.length and height of the tender. I think that's all I would need besides REALLY good pictures of a K-28. Any help with that? -Eric

_________________
Eric Bolton
Superintendent/Owner
East Tigard & Southern RR Co.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: K-28 help
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:25 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:35 am
Posts: 8139
Location: Wilton, NY
I'd start with drawings from the John Maxwell collection here:http://www.colong.com/ Probably not fully detailed, but should have the basic dimensions you want.


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: