| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| UP 3985 Trace https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18604 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Aaron Zorko [ Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:02 am ] |
| Post subject: | UP 3985 Trace |
While chasing the UP 3985 I discovered that UP was using the Ham Radio APRS (Automatic Position Reporting System) to transmit it's location. Other APRS stations would receive the location and upload it to the internet, which UP would use to post on their website. I thought I'd post a better way to look up the info. http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=up3985&terra=4This service displays a map and I beleive a terraserve picture to locate the object. It makes following the steamer a little more fun. I've also noticed it loads faster than the UP web site.Aaron Zorkohttp://ocsr.net |
|
| Author: | Richard Glueck [ Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:39 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: UP 3985 Trace |
Wow! This is great news. I'm wondering if 844 is similarly equipped? This should make for some excellent photography and planning. Thanks! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|