It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New Hope & Ivyland Railfan Weekend
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:37 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:41 am
Posts: 214
Location: Stockton, New Jersey
I was able to take off on Saturday and rode the 9:35 AM mixed freight train to Ivyland. It was the first time that I had ridden the complete line in many years. The equipment looked great, the train ran on time, and the weather was perfect. My son got some great photos at the run-bys, especially the bridge shot where I thought I had lost him for some time. A 17 year old can climb and move around a lot quicker than his father. Please consider coming out for one of their weekends. Paul Harland and his people run a first class operation. I do not know how the rest of the weekend went, but they had more trips planned and an evening photo freight on Saturday night.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Hope & Ivyland Railfan Weekend
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:13 pm 

Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:45 pm
Posts: 32
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Ron, don't you mean the 9:30 mixed to Ivyland? Anyway, I was there too and rode the 9:30 as well. I also got to chase the 2:05 and 2:10 trains to Ivyland. The train was well co-ordinated, although I was disappointed about the number of photo runby locations (hey, y'can't blame em, they were running short on time). All in all, I had a great time.

_________________
Mike Huhn
Visit the website of the Pennsylvania Trolley Museum


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: