| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| New Hope & Ivyland Railfan Weekend https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18607 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Ron Muldowney [ Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | New Hope & Ivyland Railfan Weekend |
I was able to take off on Saturday and rode the 9:35 AM mixed freight train to Ivyland. It was the first time that I had ridden the complete line in many years. The equipment looked great, the train ran on time, and the weather was perfect. My son got some great photos at the run-bys, especially the bridge shot where I thought I had lost him for some time. A 17 year old can climb and move around a lot quicker than his father. Please consider coming out for one of their weekends. Paul Harland and his people run a first class operation. I do not know how the rest of the weekend went, but they had more trips planned and an evening photo freight on Saturday night. |
|
| Author: | Michael Huhn [ Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New Hope & Ivyland Railfan Weekend |
Ron, don't you mean the 9:30 mixed to Ivyland? Anyway, I was there too and rode the 9:30 as well. I also got to chase the 2:05 and 2:10 trains to Ivyland. The train was well co-ordinated, although I was disappointed about the number of photo runby locations (hey, y'can't blame em, they were running short on time). All in all, I had a great time. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|