It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Southern Appalachia Railway Museum at Oak Ridge,Tenn
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:15 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:39 am
Posts: 106
Is this organization still active and planning on building a museum? I visited the excursion train boarding area today for the first time and saw nothing but three derelict looking Alco locomotives and a pair of passenger cars needing restoration.Alongside the main highway I spotted 2 rough looking F7A locomotives,one ex-Milwaukee Road.I am guessing the bulk of their collection is somwhere behind a fence in the Y-12 complex because I could not find anything else.I ended up lost in the area somewhere between Y-12 and an I-40 exit east of Emory Gap and noticed that someone has A steel Frisco cupola caboose parked in their yard.


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: