| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| NY roundhouses https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18937 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | bobyar2001 [ Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | NY roundhouses |
Here's a couple I did not know about. First is South Buffalo Ry. at Lackawanna, NY:http://www.railfan.net/railpix/railfan/aerial/sbr4.jpgEx-PRR, in use by a railcar firm in W. Seneca, NY:http://www.railfan.net/railpix/railfan/aerial/prr-rnd3.jpghttp://www.railfan.net/railpix/railf ... d4.jpgWith a coaling tower, no less:http://www.railfan.net/railpix/railfan/aerial/prr-rnd1.jpg |
|
| Author: | scottychaos [ Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: NY roundhouses |
We also have a BR&P (later B&O) roundhouse in Rochester.Lehigh Valley roundhouse in Manchester, NY (perhaps the largest roundhouse still standing in NY state)http://www.frontiernet.net/~scottychaos/LVRRmanchester.htmla smaller LV roundhouse in Auburn.a DL&W Roundhouse in Binghamton.and a small PRR roundhouse in Sodus:http://www.frontiernet.net/~scottychaos/PRRsodus.htmland I believe there is a roundhouse out on Long Island.that makes 8 roundhouses standing in NY state..that I know of.Scot |
|
| Author: | robertjohndavis [ Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:38 am ] |
| Post subject: | more... Re: NY roundhouses |
The DL&W is actually in Conklin. Add the B&M roundhouse in Troy to the list.Rob |
|
| Author: | Ed Kelley [ Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: more... Re: NY roundhouses |
Quote: and I believe there is a roundhouse out on Long Island. Morris Park roundhouse and turntable are still around and as far as I know still in use by the LIRR as it is an active facility. I believe the transfer table is still there as well.
|
|
| Author: | BILL [ Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: more... Re: NY roundhouses |
It's been a few years since I've seen it, but I believe the NYCS roundhouse in Utica, NY still stands across the CSX main from the NYSW facility. |
|
| Author: | John Redden [ Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: more... Re: NY roundhouses |
Olean, NY, former PRR - is now part of the Dresser-Rand complexJohn Redden |
|
| Author: | Onder [ Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:51 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: more... Re: NY roundhouses |
Troy, NY? You have a street location?Thanks... |
|
| Author: | bobyar2001 [ Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Troy, NY roundhouse |
Is found at 8th and Middleburg in that city. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|