It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: NY roundhouses
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:02 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:35 am
Posts: 8139
Location: Wilton, NY
Here's a couple I did not know about. First is South Buffalo Ry. at Lackawanna, NY:http://www.railfan.net/railpix/railfan/aerial/sbr4.jpgEx-PRR, in use by a railcar firm in W. Seneca, NY:http://www.railfan.net/railpix/railfan/aerial/prr-rnd3.jpghttp://www.railfan.net/railpix/railf ... d4.jpgWith a coaling tower, no less:http://www.railfan.net/railpix/railfan/aerial/prr-rnd1.jpg


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NY roundhouses
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:46 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:56 am
Posts: 604
Location: Rochester, NY
We also have a BR&P (later B&O) roundhouse in Rochester.Lehigh Valley roundhouse in Manchester, NY (perhaps the largest roundhouse still standing in NY state)http://www.frontiernet.net/~scottychaos/LVRRmanchester.htmla smaller LV roundhouse in Auburn.a DL&W Roundhouse in Binghamton.and a small PRR roundhouse in Sodus:http://www.frontiernet.net/~scottychaos/PRRsodus.htmland I believe there is a roundhouse out on Long Island.that makes 8 roundhouses standing in NY state..that I know of.Scot


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: more... Re: NY roundhouses
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:38 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:10 am
Posts: 2499
The DL&W is actually in Conklin. Add the B&M roundhouse in Troy to the list.Rob


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: more... Re: NY roundhouses
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:01 pm 

Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:13 pm
Posts: 356
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
and I believe there is a roundhouse out on Long Island.
Morris Park roundhouse and turntable are still around and as far as I know still in use by the LIRR as it is an active facility. I believe the transfer table is still there as well.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: more... Re: NY roundhouses
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:09 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:07 pm
Posts: 152
Location: The beautiful piney woods of East Texas
It's been a few years since I've seen it, but I believe the NYCS roundhouse in Utica, NY still stands across the CSX main from the NYSW facility.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: more... Re: NY roundhouses
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:45 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:53 pm
Posts: 221
Olean, NY, former PRR - is now part of the Dresser-Rand complexJohn Redden


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: more... Re: NY roundhouses
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:51 am 

Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:09 pm
Posts: 211
Location: New York
Troy, NY? You have a street location?Thanks...


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Troy, NY roundhouse
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:47 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:35 am
Posts: 8139
Location: Wilton, NY
Is found at 8th and Middleburg in that city.


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: