| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Northern stranger https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18970 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | bobyar2001 [ Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Northern stranger |
Near Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in 1980. Anyone have photos of it today in California? And just where is Sylmar, California?http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi?march04/03-25-04/SOU2839_19801100_bf20_HattiesburgMS.jpg |
|
| Author: | Fitz [ Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Northern stranger |
Sylmar is a 'burb of Los Angeles, located in northern San Fernando Valley, at the intersection of the 210 and 5 freeways. I have seen a photo at the place where she is now, an auto museum, I think. |
|
| Author: | Josh Wallis [ Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:05 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Northern stranger |
There was a picture of this display in Trains Magazine not long ago, and the 2839 looked GOOD. |
|
| Author: | Richard Glueck [ Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Northern stranger |
As I recollect, the museum that has her is taking good care of the Hudson. They are fully aware that though out of place (CPR heritage), she is a valuable relic and capable of future operation. I think 2839 is in good hands for awhile. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|