| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Yakima Valley Traction? https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19016 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | p51 [ Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Yakima Valley Traction? |
I am curious about the current status of the trolleys at Yakima, Washington. I had heard all kinds of conflicting stories in the past few years that they were running and also not running. I’d read a very scandalous newspaper story about one of the people who ran the museum that I’m not going to repeat here. When I was still in the Army, my unit went to Yakima all the time and I’d often take a Humvee down to the carbarn hoping to see something running but never did. I live just on the other side of the mountains from there, but I have yet to meet anyone who’s actually ridden this line. Their website says all is well: http://www.yakimavalleytrolleys.org/index.html So is there any news? I want to go out there next spring to ride it… |
|
| Author: | Scott [ Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Yakima Valley Traction? |
Lee:The entire situation in Yakima is scandalous and a real blow to the preservation efforts going on but hopefully will be addressed in the courts with a better outcome.Scott |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|