| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Liberty Limited train https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19226 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | bobyar2001 [ Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Liberty Limited train |
A fine contribution to our wounded service people by Mr. Levin:http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,1052769 |
|
| Author: | Howard P. [ Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Liberty Limited train |
A very nice thing to do, and do in a traditional manner. Thank you, Ben and Eric. I suspect all the passengers really enjoyed themselves.That said, from reading the TO comments, it appears that once again, the railroad industry completely misses out on a great PR opportunity. Why is it that Amtrak derailments and hazmat spills and Walt Bogdanich grade crossing hatchet jobs are all we ever see in the press?Sorry for the rant; I know it's not preservation related. |
|
| Author: | Alexander D. Mitchell IV [ Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:18 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Liberty Limited train |
The problem, as I was made to understand it, is that 1) if advance publicity had gotten out, antiwar protestors would have tried to disrupt the "outing"; and 2) that it was a completely PRIVATE effort, and that any publicity would have resulted in politicians attempting to appropriate the occasion for political "grandstanding" no matter which side of the "war" they were on.I'm not in any way attempting to instill my own views on the matter. This is based on what I was told before and afterwards by the trip organizers. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|