| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| OSRM At It Again https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19244 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | PugetSoundRails [ Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | OSRM At It Again |
Don Kirk nevere ceases to amaze me. Now he is talking about recycling inkjet cartridges to pay for HIS railroad museum. I guess if you can get volunteers to give you money for a private, PROFIT making museum, go for it !From a recent posting:The Oregon Railroad & Transportation Museum, will be opening inSweet Home, Oregon, in 2006; and will conduct ongoing recyclingprograms to raise funds, to help it expand faster. We have made adeal with an ink cartridge recycler, that has the potential to bringin thousands of dollars each year. They furnish us coded pre-addressed, postage paid envelopes; which we give to people to sendtheir non-cracked or broken ink cartridges in. because we get $1.00for each useable cartridge, we can afford to send people 2+ envelopesin the mail and still help the museum tremendously.If you would like to see additional rail equipment saved andrestored, rather than trashing your ink cartridges, we'd appreciateyou're putting them in the envelopes and dropping them in themailbox. They also take copier toner cartridges and will furnish pre-addressed, postage paid boxes to us, if you have any to send.Besides saving rail equipment, you will also be helping keep thatmuch more plastic out of our landfills. Please help the museum.Our Website http://osrm.orgEmail to get Envelopes: donkirk @osrm.org (Note..Close open space touse the eamil address. Yahoo won't show closed email addresses)Thank you!Don Kirk - ORTM |
|
| Author: | wesp [ Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:42 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: OSRM At It Again |
We collect toner catridges for a mission project at church using a similar program. The company pays up to $1 for each useable catridge (note added emphasis). I do not know what the proceeds are since they go directly to the missionary's office, but I cannot imagine relying on this as a huge source of funds. Wesley PS. They also take used cell phones. |
|
| Author: | superheater [ Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: OSRM At It Again - Worry Not, If it becomes... |
A significant source of money, the IRS will want it reported as "Unrelated Business Income", unless the entire operation is manned by volunteers...can't see how recycling anything not on 4 feet 8 1/2 inch apart wheels would ever be in the exempt purpose of a RR museum.. |
|
| Author: | Randy Hees [ Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Moderator's warning, was OSRM At It Again |
Lets drop this now. It is close to a flame.ThanksRandy HeesModerator |
|
| Author: | p51 [ Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: OSRM At It Again |
Randy Hees wrote: Lets drop this now. It is close to a flame. I’m not trying to flame anyone, but who the heck are these guys, anyway? I live in Washington and have never heard of these guys before just reading this thread. I just looked through their website, and the impression I got was that they just have a collection of railroad… stuff. I didn’t see mention of any actual rolling stock, track, stations, anything other than some railroad… stuff. There’s no permanent location that I could find either. And I couldn’t help but notice the title of this thread. Can I assume there are other issues that I have never heard of? If anyone has further info, feel free to PM me on this…
|
|
| Author: | smokebox [ Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:05 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: OSRM At It Again |
This is the operation that proposed building a monorail system in Roseburg,OR using retired monorail units. The rail museum, as advertised on the OSRM webpage, was to be "bigger and better than the California State RR Museum".Smokebox |
|
| Author: | Dave [ Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: OSRM At It Again |
Might I suggest that Mr Kirk, for the record, post whether or not his museum has been incorporated as a 501C3 non profit, and just what their current goals may be? That may go a long way towards eliminating the prospect of a flame war, and let readers know what they are being asked to support. Dave |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|