It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: INTERCHANGE IS SHUTTING DOWN
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:36 am 

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:01 pm
Posts: 213
Location: Seattle, WA
OK, just joking. Trying to get your attention.Thought about posting a Big Boy restoration subject title, but you know how those things go. Even if I immediately acknowledge it as a mistruth it'll be a rumor for weeks, months.....Anyway, now that I hopefully have your attention, the consolidated, entire, going back to 1998 archive is FINALLY going on line this weekend.This means the Interchange WILL be down for 12-24 hours beginning Saturday night. This allows for the merging of the old pre PHPBB archive, with the pre hack attack (last May) archive, the former two of which are already merged, with the current archive which runs from last May through now.The down time is necessary to make all the post ids, topic ids, search word ids, and word search ids in the SQL tables match. This involves running a program offline that takes several hours. And then the merged databases have to be uploaded, another several hours, plus first backing up and downloading the back ups in case I screw it all up.So, hopefully it goes as planned, and Sunday we have the whole shebang, going all the way back to 1998, and in a searchable format, up and running. Or, I screw up, have to restore the back ups, and try again next week.Anyway, want to say thanks to the Amherst Society (http://www.amherstrail.org) for funding the extra SQL server space needed for the conslidated Interchange. Plus thanks to Doug Bailey at Steam.Locomotive.Info (http://www.steamlocomotive.info) for services and assistance rendered, plus all the other stuff he's going to do for us later.One other thing. Taking my first ski trip of the season tomorrow. If I don't survive intact, please disregard this notice until further notice.....PS Ya'll need to learn how to spell. The search word tables have tens of thousands of misspelled and nonexistent words. Need to figure out how to clean some of that up.

_________________
Hume Kading
Don't eat live food.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INTERCHANGE IS SHUTTING DOWN
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:42 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:07 am
Posts: 630
Well it is shutting down -- but only for a few hours <lol>Thanks for letting us know and for doing this !Bob H


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INTERCHANGE IS SHUTTING DOWN
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:54 am 

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:29 pm
Posts: 279
Location: Three Bridges NJ
Oh, My, God, What Am I Going To Do!!!! What Am I Going To Do!!!!Well, I am the brakeman on the Santa train at the Black River & Western RR today. So that should keep my mind off the loss of Interchange for a while.Best of luck on your merge, I am looing forward to the updates. This web site is an inportent part of the RR presevation process, Knowledge and Comunication.Scott


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: INTERCHANGE IS SHUTTING DOWN
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:04 am 

Hume,bout time you was getting a wife...er I mean Life... outside of RYPN.He He He LOL ROFLMAO Break a Leg as the saying goes.Dont call me, I will call you.Have fun Skiing.Andrew MartinLinks Admin (whatever that is)and


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: