Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

INTERCHANGE IS SHUTTING DOWN
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19264
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Hume Kading [ Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:36 am ]
Post subject:  INTERCHANGE IS SHUTTING DOWN

OK, just joking. Trying to get your attention.Thought about posting a Big Boy restoration subject title, but you know how those things go. Even if I immediately acknowledge it as a mistruth it'll be a rumor for weeks, months.....Anyway, now that I hopefully have your attention, the consolidated, entire, going back to 1998 archive is FINALLY going on line this weekend.This means the Interchange WILL be down for 12-24 hours beginning Saturday night. This allows for the merging of the old pre PHPBB archive, with the pre hack attack (last May) archive, the former two of which are already merged, with the current archive which runs from last May through now.The down time is necessary to make all the post ids, topic ids, search word ids, and word search ids in the SQL tables match. This involves running a program offline that takes several hours. And then the merged databases have to be uploaded, another several hours, plus first backing up and downloading the back ups in case I screw it all up.So, hopefully it goes as planned, and Sunday we have the whole shebang, going all the way back to 1998, and in a searchable format, up and running. Or, I screw up, have to restore the back ups, and try again next week.Anyway, want to say thanks to the Amherst Society (http://www.amherstrail.org) for funding the extra SQL server space needed for the conslidated Interchange. Plus thanks to Doug Bailey at Steam.Locomotive.Info (http://www.steamlocomotive.info) for services and assistance rendered, plus all the other stuff he's going to do for us later.One other thing. Taking my first ski trip of the season tomorrow. If I don't survive intact, please disregard this notice until further notice.....PS Ya'll need to learn how to spell. The search word tables have tens of thousands of misspelled and nonexistent words. Need to figure out how to clean some of that up.

Author:  Heavenrich [ Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: INTERCHANGE IS SHUTTING DOWN

Well it is shutting down -- but only for a few hours <lol>Thanks for letting us know and for doing this !Bob H

Author:  Scott Kwiatkowski [ Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: INTERCHANGE IS SHUTTING DOWN

Oh, My, God, What Am I Going To Do!!!! What Am I Going To Do!!!!Well, I am the brakeman on the Santa train at the Black River & Western RR today. So that should keep my mind off the loss of Interchange for a while.Best of luck on your merge, I am looing forward to the updates. This web site is an inportent part of the RR presevation process, Knowledge and Comunication.Scott

Author:  doowoppie [ Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: INTERCHANGE IS SHUTTING DOWN

Hume,bout time you was getting a wife...er I mean Life... outside of RYPN.He He He LOL ROFLMAO Break a Leg as the saying goes.Dont call me, I will call you.Have fun Skiing.Andrew MartinLinks Admin (whatever that is)and

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/