| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Washington Terminal RS-1 dispositions? https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19292 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Todd Mullens [ Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:28 am ] |
| Post subject: | Washington Terminal RS-1 dispositions? |
Does anyone know if any of the Washington (DC) Terminal RS-1 switchers retired in the mid / late 1980's has survived or been preserved? Thanks, DTM |
|
| Author: | Alan Maples [ Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:56 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Washington Terminal RS-1 dispositions? |
Being a DC native, I have always had a soft spot for the Washington Terminal RS-1 fleet, which I remember as a fixture of Union Station. To my knowledge, there are several still around. I believe the Tioga Central tourist railroad in PA has #47. Jay Reed's "Comprehensive Guide to Industrial Locomotives" shows #54 at Conrad Yelvington Distributors (stone and gravel yard) in Riviera Beach, FL, and #52 at thier facility in Orlando. #50 was reported at Mid Atlantic Materials, another stone yard, in Newingon, VA; #61 was also in Virginia at the Possum Point generating station. The old PEPCO power company had at least four WT engines, the 42, 45, 51 and 56. Jay's book is a great reference, although industrial units can move around or vanish quickly without notice. Engine 41, which became East Washington Railway #103, went to a grain elevator in Texas. Last I heard, it was stored and now privately owned by a locomotive collector. I may have missed one somewhere, but that gives ten or so accounted for within the last couple of years. Alan Maples |
|
| Author: | Jim Robinson [ Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:32 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Washington Terminal RS-1 dispositions? |
Ex-Washington Terminal RS-1 57 is privately owned and is stored (out of service) on the East Penn RR at Quakertown, PA. Previously 57 did tourist and freight hauling stints on the New Hope & Ivyland RR in PA and the Black River & Western RR in NJ. Regards, Jim Robinson |
|
| Author: | davidwoodbury [ Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:43 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Washington Terminal RS-1 dispositions? |
I think one of them was at the Winnepesaukee under Paul Cronin and then went with him to Wiscasset, Maine |
|
| Author: | scottychaos [ Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:52 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Washington Terminal RS-1 dispositions? |
Three of them came through Waverly, NY around 1984-1986.. (sorry, I dont recall the exact year...I have the dates written down, but not with me at the moment. My original photos, with dates, are at the Sayre RR museum..I really need to get down there to get the exact dates for all my photos! I hate guessing.) :(
they were heading to the Tioga Scenic railroad in Owego, NY. 47 59 62 47 was in Amtrak colors, 59 and 62 were blue. none are now in Owego, two have moved to Wellsboro, PA, and are there now. The Tioga Scenic also has an operation in Wellsboro, PA. the Tioga Central. they have #47 and #62. 62 is operating, in an LV scheme! 47 is OOS. 59 is now with the SRRofNJ. http://www.tiogacentral.com/equipment.htm http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=111129&PHPSESSID=0b8edc4808b599eae6423c0adf6485cc found a WT roster, with dispositions: http://www.thedieselshop.us/WTC.HTML Scot |
|
| Author: | scottychaos [ Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:56 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Washington Terminal RS-1 dispositions? |
I also got a photo of this obscure beastie: http://railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=71192 Scot |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|