| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Need Sand Dome Cover for Porter Locomotive https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19527 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | 610BS [ Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Need Sand Dome Cover for Porter Locomotive |
I need a cast iron sand dome cover to fit a 1904 0-4-0 Porter locomotive with a 19 inch diameter sand dome. I'd prefer to get an original cover rather than having one recast. Does anyone know where I might obtain an original cover? Regards... |
|
| Author: | Dave [ Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Need Sand Dome Cover for Porter Locomotive |
I do not know if any of the new old stock castings were salvaged in the demolition of Glover Machine Works, but if so, there were a few in about that size left in the old foundry. The patterns had unfortunately been left in a leaky old pole building full of termites, and were in pretty bad shape. I don't know where any unused originals from Porter might be found. You may try spinning a new one over a form to save the cost of making a pattern for a one-off. dave |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|