It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Observation car "Independence"
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:47 am 

Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:52 pm
Posts: 89
What happened to the open platform car "Independence". I can remember it with the 614 on the coal runs in WV. Anyone have any current photos??


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Observation car "Independence"
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:06 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:19 pm
Posts: 2701
Location: Sackets Harbor, NY
I sold the car in 1988 to FMC Corp. headquartered I believe in Kansas City, Mo. I'm told they did a substantial amount of redecorating and have parked the car for years at their HQ building and use it on rare occassions for entertaining. I too would like to know its current status as I'd be interested if it's available(as has been rumored from time to time)?? Any pictures would be great. Thanks, Ross Rowland


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Observation car "Independence"
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:24 pm 

What was this car's history?

Tom Cornillie


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: