| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| B&O/WM Cabooses for sale https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19925 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Alexander D. Mitchell IV [ Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | B&O/WM Cabooses for sale |
I just received word (via a phone call) that the owner of the "landmark" five ex-Chessie cabooses on a siding along the ex-B&O main in Lansdowne, Md. (between the Baltimore city line and the Baltimore Beltway, southwest end of town) wants to put three of them on the market. I am awaiting a call-back on trucks, bearings, brakes, etc., but the bodies are quite sound, as far as I know. These cars include both B&O and WM, cupola and bay-window; I don't know if particular cars are for sale or just whichever three are wanted will sell. If you are actively in "need" of either a B&O or WM caboose and have the wherewithal to remove them from a cut siding and ship them to a new home, contact me off-group and I'll pass on relevant info as it arrives/is confirmed. |
|
| Author: | caboose9 [ Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: B&O/WM Cabooses for sale |
Alexander D. Mitchell IV wrote, "... the owner of five ex-Chessie cabooses along the ex-B&O main in Lansdowne, MD, wants to put three of them on the market." Hi, The B&O cabooses are steel, bay window cars: C2449 - wagon top; C2874; C2946; & C2956. WM 1830, steel, cupola. Roger |
|
| Author: | Chris Eads [ Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: B&O/WM Cabooses for sale |
How would we get in contact with the seller if interested? Any idea on cost, or other details? |
|
| Author: | Alexander D. Mitchell IV [ Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: B&O/WM Cabooses for sale |
You contact me via e-mail or personal message, and I'll pass you the owner's phone number. Sorry, I just don't feel right posting the owner's phone number openly. My e-mail is LNER4472 --at-- bcpl dot net . In other news, I went down and inspected the cars myself--all have friction-bearing trucks and are well-maintained in excellent condition. Three are rather older/short bay window designs, one is a B&O "wagon-top" steel bay-window, and one is ex-WM cupola. I do NOT know which ones are specifically for sale. |
|
| Author: | Les Beckman [ Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: B&O/WM Cabooses for sale |
For the record, the other three B&O steel bay window cabooses mentioned by Roger are B&O class I-17a. These were the last cabooses built new by the B&O in their own shops (per info in Dwight Jones books). There were 84 cabooses in this class built between 1953 and 1965. Les |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|