It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: RyPN Announcement--Posting Solicitations revisted
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:51 pm 

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:19 pm
Posts: 1124
Location: Washington, D.C.
Dear Readers:

recently a reader has persisted in posting a financial solicitation despite the policy announced here:

http://rypn.sunserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19964

Posts not in conformance with this policy will be deleted as soon as a moderator sees them. Please don't respond to them, as all responses will be deleted along with the main post.

Thanks,

Erik Ledbetter
RyPN Board of Directors


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RyPN Announcement--Posting Solicitations revisted
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:05 pm 

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:52 pm
Posts: 559
Location: Apple Valley, Minnesota
RyPN Readers:

I absolutely support the current policy and how it is enforced. If RyPN wants to establish a special section on solicitations, then that's fine w/me. I'll simply not look at those postings.

However, I do not peruse these pages to read or want to see solicitations for this worthy project or that (and these solicitations can get out of hand in a hurry). I read interchange to catch up on latest news and what's going on in other preservation groups like mine. In addition, I would be curious to know whether these solicitations are really worthwhile in raising significant amounts of funds. I make a special exception for the B&O Museum disaster, which was a disasted of national implications was was definitely worthy of support by us all.

Thanks!

_________________
Jim Vaitkunas
Minnesota Streetcar Museum
www.trolleyride.org


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RyPN Announcement--Posting Solicitations revisted
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:31 pm 

Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:21 pm
Posts: 489
Location: Columbus, OH
If I may gently point out, if this is a policy it should be included on the Interchange "Guidelines" page. I for one did not recall this policy and may have missed the post in Aug 2004.

_________________
Christopher D. Coleman

https://www.oldeastie.com Old Eastie: East Broad Top Homepage
https://www.febt.org Friends of the East Broad Top
https://www.eastbroadtop.com East Broad Top Railroad


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RyPN Announcement--Posting Solicitations revisted
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:51 pm 

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:19 pm
Posts: 1124
Location: Washington, D.C.
Chris, it was formalized and announced yesterday, 2/23/06, not back in August 2004.

I have not had time to update the Guidelines yet but will try to do it this weekend.

_________________
Erik Ledbetter
www.steamsafari.com


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RyPN Announcement--Posting Solicitations revisted
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:00 pm 

Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:21 pm
Posts: 489
Location: Columbus, OH
Appologies. Read your join date, not the post date (DUH!)

_________________
Christopher D. Coleman

https://www.oldeastie.com Old Eastie: East Broad Top Homepage
https://www.febt.org Friends of the East Broad Top
https://www.eastbroadtop.com East Broad Top Railroad


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: