Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Status of Georgetown Loop Railroad Engines?
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19955
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Christian S. [ Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Status of Georgetown Loop Railroad Engines?

[redacted]

Author:  Ted A. Krumreich [ Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Status of Georgetown Loop Railroad Engines?

The most recent information I heard was that the C&S 9 was planned to be ready to return to the Loop in March. The most recent photograph I have seen of the engine from late January this year shows the boiler still off the frame. I have not been out east of town to see what changes have occurred since. I live in Denver.

As for the #111, again what I have heard is that it was not expected to be returned to service until the 2007 season.

The C&S/RGS 30/74 is, to my understanding, the last in priority.

It has been reported that the Hawaiian engine, #12, needs work on running gear and bearings. Again, I do not know the current status of those repairs.

I will be back working at Strasburg the end of April and would enjoy meeting you.

Author:  Christian S. [ Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Status of Georgetown Loop Railroad Engines?

[redacted]

Author:  Jim_Poston [ Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Status of Georgetown Loop Railroad Engines?

At last Wednesday's Loop Park Committee meeting, the locomotive delivery schedule was C&S #9 in April/May, and #111 in late 2006/early 2007.

As Ted said, #30 is presently last in line, and now you can add #60 from Idaho Springs into the mix.

Work on GLHR #12 is scheduled to begin in April. Porter Diesel #1203 is being restored by the Sumpter Valley with deilvery expected in June of this year.

More details are available at the website of the Colorado Historic Railroad Preservation Association (www.savethetrain.org). Just click on the "Loop News" link.

Regards,

-Jim

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/