| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| RyPN Announcement--Posting Solicitations revisted https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19974 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Erik Ledbetter [ Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | RyPN Announcement--Posting Solicitations revisted |
Dear Readers: recently a reader has persisted in posting a financial solicitation despite the policy announced here: http://rypn.sunserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19964 Posts not in conformance with this policy will be deleted as soon as a moderator sees them. Please don't respond to them, as all responses will be deleted along with the main post. Thanks, Erik Ledbetter RyPN Board of Directors |
|
| Author: | Jim Vaitkunas [ Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: RyPN Announcement--Posting Solicitations revisted |
RyPN Readers: I absolutely support the current policy and how it is enforced. If RyPN wants to establish a special section on solicitations, then that's fine w/me. I'll simply not look at those postings. However, I do not peruse these pages to read or want to see solicitations for this worthy project or that (and these solicitations can get out of hand in a hurry). I read interchange to catch up on latest news and what's going on in other preservation groups like mine. In addition, I would be curious to know whether these solicitations are really worthwhile in raising significant amounts of funds. I make a special exception for the B&O Museum disaster, which was a disasted of national implications was was definitely worthy of support by us all. Thanks! |
|
| Author: | ebtrr [ Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: RyPN Announcement--Posting Solicitations revisted |
If I may gently point out, if this is a policy it should be included on the Interchange "Guidelines" page. I for one did not recall this policy and may have missed the post in Aug 2004. |
|
| Author: | Erik Ledbetter [ Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: RyPN Announcement--Posting Solicitations revisted |
Chris, it was formalized and announced yesterday, 2/23/06, not back in August 2004. I have not had time to update the Guidelines yet but will try to do it this weekend. |
|
| Author: | ebtrr [ Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: RyPN Announcement--Posting Solicitations revisted |
Appologies. Read your join date, not the post date (DUH!) |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|