It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Roanoke Scrap Yard Engines?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:23 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:12 pm
Posts: 29
Location: Sugar Hill, Ga.
Any update on these engines? Last I heard was that they were donated to the Virginia Museum of Transportation. Are they all going to end up there? Since there are three of the 4-8-0 in this collection of engines, I have always wondered about the possibility of one of them ending up in the roundhouse at the NCTM. Since N&W did go into North Carolina, it would make sense.
Thanks,
Eric


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roanoke Scrap Yard Engines?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:09 pm 

Hi Erik
My understanding is that the VMT is looking to hire a contractor to remove the asbestos at this time.
As to whether they will want to get all the engines and hopper cars is up to them.
I think the NCTM was approached first of last year by someone from Roanoke. Whether they accepted or were even offered any of the equipment there I dont know. Jim Wrinn is still a part of the NCTM so he may know more than I do.
That is it right now but I will be going back down to the scrapyard in March so I can post more when I find out what is going on.
Andrew


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: