| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Roanoke Scrap Yard Engines? https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19997 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | elauterbach [ Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Roanoke Scrap Yard Engines? |
Any update on these engines? Last I heard was that they were donated to the Virginia Museum of Transportation. Are they all going to end up there? Since there are three of the 4-8-0 in this collection of engines, I have always wondered about the possibility of one of them ending up in the roundhouse at the NCTM. Since N&W did go into North Carolina, it would make sense. Thanks, Eric |
|
| Author: | doowoppie [ Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Roanoke Scrap Yard Engines? |
Hi Erik My understanding is that the VMT is looking to hire a contractor to remove the asbestos at this time. As to whether they will want to get all the engines and hopper cars is up to them. I think the NCTM was approached first of last year by someone from Roanoke. Whether they accepted or were even offered any of the equipment there I dont know. Jim Wrinn is still a part of the NCTM so he may know more than I do. That is it right now but I will be going back down to the scrapyard in March so I can post more when I find out what is going on. Andrew |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|