Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Railroad ownership
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20039
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jack A. Siffert [ Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:43 am ]
Post subject:  Railroad ownership

Reading recent posts concerning non-profits helping for profit railroads and operators loseing contracts and what not, has me pondering this question.
How many operations out there OWN thier track. Not long term lease or contract, but actually are fee title, simple owners of the line they operate on. This can be broke down into several categories. Non profits that own the line, As well as for profits that are involved in historical operations (don't have to be acurate i.e. Ohio central with Canadian power)
There are a few more reasons for asking this question that hopefully will be answered in responces. One big one is what is done about N.I.M.B.Y.'s
I'm hopeing with all the knowledge on this board I can also come up with some answers to other issues.
The issue of helping for profits repair thier line for " a place to run" , Clearing the line in hopes of... and what not to me, seams to be a high stakes gamble at best. At worst, a waste of alot of talent & time that could be well used else where. I know all the best projects started with hopes and dreams, I just hate to see such vaulable resources go to waste.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/