Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

No-flames 1361 question
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20097
Page 1 of 1

Author:  John D [ Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:58 am ]
Post subject:  No-flames 1361 question

Seriously!

I"m not good at searching old posts here, nor have I found anything after googling, etc. So-just to refresh my memory-once 1361 is restored to operating condition, where will it run? Or is the plan to have it restored to running condition, but stored serviceable (in the hopes of something getting worked out with other carriers for operations, etc)?

Thanks!

Author:  rrmuseum [ Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: No-flames 1361 question

John,

Here is the way I have answered this question in the past and is the best I can do at this point given that until we actually sit down to plan a trip, we are dealing in the hypothetical.

"We will entertain running 1361 wherever a fiscally sound and physically possible proposal is made to do so. Neither of those criteria will be met easily and we will not go anywhere that doesn't meet both. I'm not trying to be deliberately vague, I promise you."

It is not our intention to "store it servicable".

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/