Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Builders Plate Question M&NF #9 Photos?
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20119
Page 1 of 1

Author:  jd johnson [ Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Builders Plate Question M&NF #9 Photos?

Everyone,

As you are aware, I am currently building a 1 1/2" live steam model of Morehead and North Fork #9. She was a 2-6-0 Rogers works circa 1904.
Builders number 6252.

I was in Ghost railroads of Kentucky last night and found some of her linage and was wondering if there were other photos availble to identify the other builders plate.

It started out as DU #4 (unknown road) (please identify)
Sold to SI&E( Southern Iron and Equipment Co, Atlanta GA) #1802
Resold to CN&E (unknow road) (please identify)
Resold back to SI&E then numbered 2005.
Purchased by the Morehead and Northfork. Scrapped 1939 by M&NF.

I have a Volrath photo in 1936 down town Morehead that shows both the rectangle "Rogers" plate and a circular one with a bar across the center. I would like to know if this would have been a plate put on it by SI&E and what such a plate would say, so that ,I can replicate it in minature for my engine.

Any help would be great.

JD Johnson, Morehead and North Fork Railroad Historian

Author:  jd johnson [ Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Builders Plate Question M&NF #9 Photos?

Everyone,

I forgot that the DU number was 4.

Anyone with any info can contact me off line at:

mnfrailhist@hotmail.com

I appreciate any and all info.

JD Johnson, Morehead and North Fork Railroad Historian

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/