| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Editor Hume Kading temporarily offline https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20124 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Erik Ledbetter [ Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Editor Hume Kading temporarily offline |
RyPN Editor Hume Kading's DSL modem has given up the ghost, knocking him offline. At may be 72 hours before he can get a replacement. In the interim, please hold any routine correspendance for Hume, and send any urgent correspondence to me at : eledbetter@rypn.org Thanks for your patience and understanding. Best, Erik Ledbetter Associate Editor (temporarily returning from sabbatical) RyPN |
|
| Author: | Dave [ Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | fast, wayne....... |
Now's our chance! dave |
|
| Author: | Hume Kading [ Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:28 am ] |
| Post subject: | Still modemless in Seattle |
Wanted everyone to know I still haven't received the new modem (made by some mysterious company which nobody knows of except Verizon). I can check my email from work but I really can't respond (at least they would prefer I do my job instead of responding to personal emails). So, as soon as I get the new modem I will respond to the emails I have been getting as quickly as possible. |
|
| Author: | johnacraft [ Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: fast, wayne....... |
Dave wrote: Now's our chance!
dave Break out the smilies!
JAC |
|
| Author: | Mr. Ed [ Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: fast, wayne....... |
I have a new Verizon modem you can have since I told them to stuff their service after shutting me down for a week to switch from dynamic to static service. This after one of their techs said that was why I lost my service. Wrong! After asking for a supervisor, I got a guy who tested the line and found out my modem had died. But one of their sales people told me I needed the static service and that led to more problems than it was worth. But on Verizon's defense, at least their techs are in this country. Later! Mr. Ed |
|
| Author: | Hume Kading [ Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Back online |
Thanks for the offer but finally got the new modem. And, it appears all the service interruption problems I've been having for the last year or so were due to the old modem. The new one's been up for 2 nights now without losing the signal. My old one rarely lasted more than an hour. Wish it had died sooner. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|