| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Railway Scooters https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20148 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | CharlesS [ Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Railway Scooters |
Hi folks, I was looking up pictures of rail bikes and a little thought passed through my head. Did Vespa or Lambretta or Cushman ever modify their scooters for railway use? As a hobby, I restore little scoots likes vespas and lambrettas. Recently, I keep thinking about the Vespa small frame I was working on before I put the tires on the rims. The rims would fit oh so well over the rail. Add a sidecar and you have a pretty little speeder. I wondered if any railroads made a scooter speeder. [img] http://www.scooterworks.com/images/bike ... rangle.jpg [/img] So I did a search and low and behold on an italian railroad: http://www.wetekamp.de/bilder/critter/vesp_org.jpg As a "scooterist" I recognize the headset, tank, and engine as coming from a wideframe vespa. But boy is it ugly and I was hoping for something that was more appealing visually. Undoubtly, this would be more likely to occur in Europe. I was wondering if anyone in Europe seen other scooter speeders? Also, I was wondering if any North American railroads purchased Apes and Lambros as depot baggage hacks. http://www.bubbledrome.com/mmclassic_05 ... ils/69.jpg Fans of the Milwaukee Road would appreciate the horizontal ribs on the side of the wagon and wouldn't the lambro look nice in orange, maroon and grey. Just thinking and wondering. Thanks, Charles |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|