Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

link to PRR T-1 test study done by C&O
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20159
Page 1 of 1

Author:  RDGRAILFAN [ Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:20 pm ]
Post subject:  link to PRR T-1 test study done by C&O

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/ ... _n13642634

Not sure if this was posted before but with the interest in the PRR T-1 from the previous thread thought it would be of interest

Author:  Dave Stephenson [ Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: link to PRR T-1 test study done by C&O

Thanks for posting the link to the C&OHS article on the PRR T1 tests. What's mising from the version cited are the graphics that were part of the original article in C&O History (May 2005 issue). Kevin Holland did a superb job of presentation and layout. Makes the text a lot easier to understand. Copies available from C&OHS. I'd be happy to field any questions. There's more information on these tests than was printed.

Author:  Onder [ Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: link to PRR T-1 test study done by C&O

This wanders a bit OT. I read the article found it
very good. I must ask, is there any info out there
on the final C&O Hudsons and esp. their typeB
poppets?
The tie in with the T1 is the valves and what
I heard was the consideration to put poppets
on the Greenbriers as well.

Author:  Dave Stephenson [ Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: link to PRR T-1 test study done by C&O

I've never found anything definitive on the performance of the C&O L2a's with the type B rotary cam gear. Because they were so late in the game, I doubt that any tests were ever run. The J3a 4-8-4's (of which 614 is a member) were considered for poppet gear and streamlining, but never built that way.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/