It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Editor Hume Kading temporarily offline
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:31 pm 

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:19 pm
Posts: 1124
Location: Washington, D.C.
RyPN Editor Hume Kading's DSL modem has given up the ghost, knocking him offline. At may be 72 hours before he can get a replacement. In the interim, please hold any routine correspendance for Hume, and send any urgent correspondence to me at :

eledbetter@rypn.org

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Best,

Erik Ledbetter
Associate Editor (temporarily returning from sabbatical)
RyPN

_________________
Erik Ledbetter
www.steamsafari.com


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: fast, wayne.......
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:02 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 6464
Location: southeastern USA
Now's our chance!

dave

_________________
“God, the beautiful racket of it all: the sighing and hissing, the rattle and clack of the cars over the rails. These were the sounds that made America the greatest country on earth." Jonathan Evison


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Still modemless in Seattle
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:28 am 

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:01 pm
Posts: 213
Location: Seattle, WA
Wanted everyone to know I still haven't received the new modem (made by some mysterious company which nobody knows of except Verizon).

I can check my email from work but I really can't respond (at least they would prefer I do my job instead of responding to personal emails).

So, as soon as I get the new modem I will respond to the emails I have been getting as quickly as possible.

_________________
Hume Kading
Don't eat live food.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: fast, wayne.......
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:18 pm 

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:53 pm
Posts: 660
Dave wrote:
Now's our chance!

dave


Break out the smilies! Image


JAC


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: fast, wayne.......
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:26 pm 

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:00 pm
Posts: 822
Location: NJ
I have a new Verizon modem you can have since I told them to stuff their service after shutting me down for a week to switch from dynamic to static service. This after one of their techs said that was why I lost my service. Wrong! After asking for a supervisor, I got a guy who tested the line and found out my modem had died. But one of their sales people told me I needed the static service and that led to more problems than it was worth. But on Verizon's defense, at least their techs are in this country.

Later!
Mr. Ed


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Back online
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:19 pm 

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:01 pm
Posts: 213
Location: Seattle, WA
Thanks for the offer but finally got the new modem.

And, it appears all the service interruption problems I've been having for the last year or so were due to the old modem. The new one's been up for 2 nights now without losing the signal. My old one rarely lasted more than an hour.

Wish it had died sooner.

_________________
Hume Kading
Don't eat live food.


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: