| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| DL&W 565 in earlier times https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20173 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Richard Glueck [ Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | DL&W 565 in earlier times |
I shot this around 1968, on the Black River and Western. She was out of service and I was told she'd never run again. Apparently I was told correctly! I thought that since she is referred to periodically in the group, the photo might be enjoyed.
|
|
| Author: | tomgears [ Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:34 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: DL&W 565 in earlier times |
Nice photo! Thanks for posting it. |
|
| Author: | Les Beckman [ Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: DL&W 565 in earlier times |
I know that Lackawanna 565 is supposedly in poor shape now at Steamtown, and that she is not restorable, but she sure is a pretty thing. Just what exactly presents her from being restored to operation? Les |
|
| Author: | Joshua K. Blay [ Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:06 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: DL&W 565 in earlier times |
Well I'd say nothing prevents her from being restored for service but when Steamtown gets the 26 running again, they really wouldn't need another smaller engine running. While a novelty in its own right, 565 doesn't have the gumption to pull a worthwhile train up the hill to Moscow or wherever. Cosmetic restoration itself at this point seems very slow, if at all. I'm eager for the the day it is cosmetically resorted and put in a place of honor. Just my .02 Joshua |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|