It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: DL&W 565 in earlier times
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:47 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:26 am
Posts: 4777
Location: Maine
I shot this around 1968, on the Black River and Western. She was out of service and I was told she'd never run again. Apparently I was told correctly! I thought that since she is referred to periodically in the group, the photo might be enjoyed.

Image

_________________
"It's only impossible until it's done." -Nelson Mandela


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DL&W 565 in earlier times
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:34 am 

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:57 am
Posts: 2599
Location: Faulkland, Delaware
Nice photo! Thanks for posting it.

_________________
Tom Gears
Wilmington, DE

Maybe it won't work out. But maybe seeing if it does will be the best adventure ever.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DL&W 565 in earlier times
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:10 pm 

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:25 pm
Posts: 6487
I know that Lackawanna 565 is supposedly in poor shape now at Steamtown, and that she is not restorable, but she sure is a pretty thing. Just what exactly presents her from being restored to operation?

Les


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DL&W 565 in earlier times
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:06 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:38 am
Posts: 1013
Location: Philadelphia
Well I'd say nothing prevents her from being restored for service but when Steamtown gets the 26 running again, they really wouldn't need another smaller engine running. While a novelty in its own right, 565 doesn't have the gumption to pull a worthwhile train up the hill to Moscow or wherever. Cosmetic restoration itself at this point seems very slow, if at all. I'm eager for the the day it is cosmetically resorted and put in a place of honor.

Just my .02

Joshua


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: