| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| 765 whistle https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20202 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | firefighter25dfd [ Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | 765 whistle |
what kind of whistle was used on the 765 in the late 80's. I guess it was considered the fireman's whistle cause as far as i can remember the engineers whistle has been the same. It has a very sweet kinda high pitched sound. i know at the 91 convention they had a c&o whistle and in 93 she also has a kanawha whistle when she was the 2765. thanks |
|
| Author: | jwallis [ Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 765 whistle |
765 wore several different whistles on the fireman side in the late 80s. One of them I believe was from a PRR M-1, and another was one worn by 4501 in the 70s that was owned by one of the FWRHS members that was used mostly in 1989 and I'm not sure of its origin other than that it was used on 4501. I think on one of the New River trips, we even used a whistle off a D&RGW locomotive. That's as much as I can remember, if my memory is correct! |
|
| Author: | firefighter25dfd [ Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 765 whistle |
thank you very much, i was listening to the cd of the 765 and on track 9 i heard it and brought back many memories, such a sweet sound |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|