Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

4-4-0 Copiapo
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20208
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jeff Terry [ Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:48 pm ]
Post subject:  4-4-0 Copiapo

A link to a photo of the Copaipo Railway's 4-4-0 Copiapo which was built in 1850 by Norris.

http://www.memoriachilena.cl/mchilena01 ... =MC0003106

It's one of the oldest American steam locomotives preserved, and has been on exhibit at the university in Copaipo, Chile since its retirement in 1891. I understand a few years ago the school was looking to perform a cosmetic restoration, but I don't know if they've made any progress since this photo was taken in 2000.

Jeff Tery

Author:  softwerkslex [ Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 4-4-0 Copiapo

Looks pretty good to me as is, just leave it alone. It has a high proportion of original fabric, and I think the climate there is conducive to longevity.

Copiapo is documented in John White's History of the American Locomotive.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/