| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Lost Locomotive Help? https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20508 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | steaminfo [ Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:47 am ] |
| Post subject: | Lost Locomotive Help? |
Henschel 0-4-0T C/N 25212 was built for Hibernia AG at Herne, Germany in 1943, and purchased by Charles Davies of Marquette, IA in 1967. Over the last nine years I've been in Marquette twice, regrettably on a Saturday each time, and have been unable to discover anything about Mr. Davies, or about his locomotive or its current whereabouts. Does anyone have any information about this locomotive? Regards, Doug |
|
| Author: | Boyd Owens [ Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lost Locomotive Help? |
I am in Marquette every couple months, and I have never seen it there. However, I have been told that supposedly there are two German steam locos in a garage or shed somewhere in Marquette or McGregor (McGregor is right next to Marquette, and also happens to be where my Mother and Step-Father live). I have yet to confirm their existance though. Supposedly an eastern Iowa news station did a story on them a few years back. |
|
| Author: | steaminfo [ Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lost Locomotive Help? |
Boyd Owens wrote: I am in Marquette every couple months, and I have never seen it there. However, I have been told that supposedly there are two German steam locos in a garage or shed somewhere in Marquette or McGregor (McGregor is right next to Marquette, and also happens to be where my Mother and Step-Father live). I have yet to confirm their existance though. Supposedly an eastern Iowa news station did a story on them a few years back.
That kinda fit what I was told in a cafe in Marquette in 1999. They said that a guy who used to live out "in the country" had one in his barn. |
|
| Author: | steaminfo [ Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lost Locomotive Help? |
In view of another lost locomotive thread, I thought I'd resurrect this one. Anybody know anything else about this locomotive, or its disposition? |
|
| Author: | Bobharbison [ Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lost Locomotive Help? |
You have enough info to find a very likely phone number and address in McGregor with about 30 seconds of internet reseach. I won't post it here, for the sake of privacy, but there is a result that fits the info given, and the address shown is near a farm with a barn (then again, so is most of Iowa...) Maybe a call to the gentleman in question would yield some results. Then again, you may hear "None of your damn bizness!" but it would be worth a try. |
|
| Author: | steaminfo [ Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lost Locomotive Help? |
Bobharbison wrote: You have enough info to find a very likely phone number and address in McGregor with about 30 seconds of internet reseach. I won't post it here, for the sake of privacy, but there is a result that fits the info given, and the address shown is near a farm with a barn (then again, so is most of Iowa...) Maybe a call to the gentleman in question would yield some results. Then again, you may hear "None of your damn bizness!" but it would be worth a try. Been there, done that, got the scars. |
|
| Author: | Boyd Owens [ Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lost Locomotive Help? |
I was finally able to track down Mr. Davies, and spoke with him today. He said he actually owned the locomotive for only about a year, and then sold it to a man from Michigan. He does not remember the man's name. Unfortunately, we still have a lot of questions unanswered... Where is it now? Does the unknown man from Michigan still own it? And finally, are there still 2 other locomotives in a barn somewhere near Marquette, Iowa... Maybe someone else can help with the Michigan lead? I'll still keep working on finding about Marquette... |
|
| Author: | 060 Hogger [ Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lost Locomotive Help? |
Suggest you pose your inquiry on Smokstak / Stationary Steam and Traction forum. These little guys are likely to be relatively well known in the smaller sized steam community. http://www.smokstak.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7 |
|
| Author: | u25b [ Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lost Locomotive Help? |
I recently saw an episode of American Pickers in which the guys stumbled upon an interesting character who had 2 of these ex German narrow gauge steamers in his collection. I wasn't really paying attention till the locos appeared so I did not get any location details but I am sure the episode will appear on TV again soon. Wes |
|
| Author: | steaminfo [ Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lost Locomotive Help? |
u25b wrote: I recently saw an episode of American Pickers in which the guys stumbled upon an interesting character who had 2 of these ex German narrow gauge steamers in his collection. I wasn't really paying attention till the locos appeared so I did not get any location details but I am sure the episode will appear on TV again soon. Wes They're both stored in Palmersville, TN http://steamlocomotive.info/vlocomotive.cfm?Display=1411 http://steamlocomotive.info/vlocomotive.cfm?Display=1412 |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|