Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Flying Yankee Website Expired?
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21733
Page 1 of 1

Author:  mxdata [ Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Flying Yankee Website Expired?

Lately when I try to access the Flying Yankee Restoration Group website I have been getting a hosting organization page noting that the website expired on November 18, 2006 and is awaiting "renewal or deletion".

MX (Not my real name)

Author:  mxdata [ Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Flying Yankee Website Expired?

I understand from a friend in the group that the website expired without their being aware of it. The website has now been renewed and is back in operation. You might take a look at the newly posted November newsletter about all the committees and meetings. It sounds like they still have a long way to go. As I see it, this entire thing is going to hinge around whether they can adapt any newer traction motors to that power truck:

http://www.flyingyankee.com

Author:  Stephen Hussar [ Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Flying Yankee Website Expired?

mxdata wrote:
I understand from a friend in the group that the website expired without their being aware of it. The website has now been renewed and is back in operation. http://www.flyingyankee.com
Actually, it wasn't the website, it was just the domain name. I've had the exact same trouble with Network Solutions. They advise you that your domain name is expiring months in advance -- in fact so far in advance that most people pay litttle attention to it! Then, when the expiration date is immediately at hand, you hear nothing from them! It's almost as if they want them to expire so they can hit you up for a reactivation fee... hmmmmm

The work that's been done to the Yankee thus far is absolutley first rate...with more of the same to come!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/