Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Mid Continent New Camp Car track photos
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21782
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Chris Salmonson [ Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Mid Continent New Camp Car track photos

While I was in North Freedom, WI last weekend working Mid Continent's Santa Express, I shot some pictures of their new camp car track installed over the summer. I'm very impressed with how clean and orderly the grounds are, even the area adjacent to the track along the Baraboo river.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Author:  Les Beckman [ Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mid Continent New Camp Car track photos

Chris -

And I'm glad to see the Rock Island passenger/baggage/caboose getting some attention. Thanks for submitting the photos.

Les

Author:  Tom Cornillie [ Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mid Continent New Camp Car track photos

Image

Is this the Cotton Belt drovers caboose that the Railroad Museum of New England was trying to deaccession?

Tom Cornillie

Author:  Howard P. [ Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mid Continent New Camp Car track photos

No. I think the MCRM-based car is a standard SSW caboose, not a branchline caboose.

And the RMNE car is still available; however, it must be moved by truck, and previously interested parties in Texas have not had the funds to load and move it.

Author:  Chris Salmonson [ Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Cotton Belt Caboose

Here's a full photo of that caboose, from the other side:
Image

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/