It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2026 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Mid Continent New Camp Car track photos
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm 

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:17 pm
Posts: 553
Location: Ballard, WA
While I was in North Freedom, WI last weekend working Mid Continent's Santa Express, I shot some pictures of their new camp car track installed over the summer. I'm very impressed with how clean and orderly the grounds are, even the area adjacent to the track along the Baraboo river.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mid Continent New Camp Car track photos
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:16 pm 

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:25 pm
Posts: 6487
Chris -

And I'm glad to see the Rock Island passenger/baggage/caboose getting some attention. Thanks for submitting the photos.

Les


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mid Continent New Camp Car track photos
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:46 am 

Image

Is this the Cotton Belt drovers caboose that the Railroad Museum of New England was trying to deaccession?

Tom Cornillie


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mid Continent New Camp Car track photos
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:53 am 

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:06 pm
Posts: 2567
Location: Thomaston & White Plains
No. I think the MCRM-based car is a standard SSW caboose, not a branchline caboose.

And the RMNE car is still available; however, it must be moved by truck, and previously interested parties in Texas have not had the funds to load and move it.

_________________
"I'm a railroad man, not a prophet."


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Cotton Belt Caboose
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:31 pm 

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:17 pm
Posts: 553
Location: Ballard, WA
Here's a full photo of that caboose, from the other side:
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: