| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| wierd changes https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21798 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Dave [ Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:06 am ] |
| Post subject: | wierd changes |
Logged on automatically as usual this morning. The server knew who I was and let me on anyhow, providing the flat view I prefer. I PMed another person - and was asked to provide my user name and password. I did so, and posted the PM. The board then forwarded me to an empty mailbox, and I KNOW I had several messages in mine. I then was forwarded to a new page with topics presented in thread view. Huh? dave |
|
| Author: | Dave [ Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:12 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: wierd changes |
Now I got an email telling me I have a new private message, but there isn't one in my messages. Are you guys messing with the code again? dave |
|
| Author: | Dave [ Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:19 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: wierd changes |
OK, just for grins I tried the link in the email and got sent to a mailbox I have never seen before and found the PM. Had to log in with my username and password even though the email obviously knew who I was, otherwise how could I have gotten it? This is confusing..........and thanks, John. I'd thank you in a PM but not sure where it would end up. dave |
|
| Author: | Bob Kutella [ Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: wierd changes |
Now that you mentioned it, I received an e mail generated form this site from one of the moderators - friendly of course. I replied to the address in the e mail, and it was returned 'undeliverable'. So I cut and pasted it into a PM and still no reply. I wonder if it ever got through. Are you listening foxvalley? Hopefully these are not symptoms that this site has become infected. Bob Kutella |
|
| Author: | Stephen Hussar [ Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: wierd changes |
Is this another instance of cookies "crumming" up the works? ;-) |
|
| Author: | Dave [ Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: wierd changes |
I don't think so Stephen, in my case anyhow. I learned not to eat at the keyboard a couple computers ago. A couple keys started sticking and multiplying characters on their own. I am also informed my keyboard style - 4 fingers used forcefully enough to make the old manual typewriters I learned on work - probably exceeds modern keyboards robustness. Maybe Mercury is retrograde? Any astrologers out there? Office Max had computer trouble and a friends digital camera also went down today as well as my external floppy drive. dave |
|
| Author: | Stephen Hussar [ Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: wierd changes |
Sorry Dave, I didn't mean the kind you eat! I meant computer cookies, which I have been advised are the root of most if not ALL discussion forum problems. http://www.sasked.gov.sk.ca/docs/chemis ... ookies.htm |
|
| Author: | G. W. Laepple [ Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: wierd changes |
Right you are, Steve. I flush the cookies out of my work computer every Thursday as a matter of habit. Otherwise, there are actually sites that won't open; instead they crash the machine. And this in a network that has very heavy-duty anti-virus programs they run daily. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|