| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Bill Purdie - back in the saddle again https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21802 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | johnacraft [ Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:47 am ] |
| Post subject: | Bill Purdie - back in the saddle again |
Yesterday the Three Rivers Rambler hosted Southern Railway Master Mechanic - Steam William J. Purdie. "Dad" brought a Southern whistle which sounded great on no. 203. Since Bill retired in 1982, I didn't expect to ever see him at the throttle again - the last time I had the pleasure was at the SRHA convention in Chattanooga in 1998, when Bill ran 4501 on a photo runby. To Donald Purdie, Greg Dodd, and all the good folks at the Three Rivers Rambler / Knoxville & Holston River who set this up: I hope Santa is especially good to you this year. You deserve it. JAC
|
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|