| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| PRR 4935 https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23225 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | bobyar2001 [ Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | PRR 4935 |
No date or place (any guesses?), but looks good. I've heard this was the only GG1 to retain its transformers, is that true? http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi?m ... RR4935.jpg |
|
| Author: | janschutz [ Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: PRR 4935 |
Just guessing here, but the location looks like Harrisburg, PA. |
|
| Author: | Alexander D. Mitchell IV [ Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: PRR 4935 |
I've not heard that 4935 retained its transformers. The stories I've been told are that 4800 retained cracked cylinders, and that PRR 4917/Amtrak 4934's were left intact but flushed heavily. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|