Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

LOCO DIAGRAM & CLASS BOOKS & ROSTERS
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23235
Page 1 of 1

Author:  RAILDATA [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:21 pm ]
Post subject:  LOCO DIAGRAM & CLASS BOOKS & ROSTERS

I run a labor of love called The Railroad Data Exchange with the end goal of preserving copies of diagrams and other railroad issued paper from private collections. I have scans of hundreds of diagram books of mostly steam locos, but others of freight and passenger cars, track charts, some paint diagrams and all kinds of other documents. I charge nothing for what I have. To get something is simple- send me something in return. If you have nothing to trade and have a legitimate need I'll be glad to talk about it. My goal is to preserve copies of this stuff and help others use it to produce good things. A list can be had be asking. It will come as an Excel file or something else if need be. My e-mail address is raildata@yahoo.com for direct contact.

I am also working on geneologies of steam locomotives. I have a large collection of builders lists and quite a few rosters. If there are any out there doing similar work please contact me and perhaps we can help each other.

I will be glad to scan your originals if you want me to and let me keep a copy and still provide you data from my collection. I keep nothing longer than two weeks unless it is a large number of pages. I can provide references to ayone who wants them. I built the collection by being prompt with anything I borrow.

Thanks for any consideration anyone can give this request. Please feel free to ask at any time if I can help with something.

Allen Stanley
Greer, SC

Author:  dr dodge [ Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: LOCO DIAGRAM & CLASS BOOKS & ROSTERS

Is this stuff going to be posted in some common place on the net?
I have stuff to contribute, but really want to start to develop a common archive for everyone. I also have a very reasonable list of resources.

Also google has lots of old books in public access

also very good resources

(check out: Maxims and Instructions for the Boiler Room)

dr

Author:  RAILDATA [ Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: LOCO DIAGRAM & CLASS BOOKS & ROSTERS

I have considered that as an option but many of my earlier contributors asked me not to. I can pull those out probably, but still file sizes of many of these things are huge. Also, some of my stuff has come from other web sites, again they can be pulled out as they are probably less than 10% of the collection. I can trade copies with anyone, which was a must for me, and I contribute data to just about anyone who asks whether they contribute or not. I have tried to make myself as available for folks to find as possible.

What kinds of info do you have? Send me an e-mail direct and I'll forward some Excel files to you.

Thanks for getting back to me. I'd love to trade some info with you. All my stuff is now scanned, mostly as pdf's.

Take care,

Allen Stanley

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/