Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

gsmr 1702
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23391
Page 1 of 1

Author:  sclark [ Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:27 pm ]
Post subject:  gsmr 1702

any word on the prgress of the work on gsmr 1702 .

Author:  Ryan Scott [ Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: gsmr 1702

I do not really have anything new to report. You could really look at the last time this conversation came up and pretty much be up to speed.

Good news is that we just brought a new radio system up, giving us coverage over the entire railroad. A much needed improvement. We are now on AAR frequencies as well.

I hope to have something to report on the steam locos in the next month or so.

Thanks for asking!!

Ryan

Author:  Ron Goldfeder [ Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: gsmr 1702

Is there any progress to report on the turntable projects at Great Smoky Mt? Did you get more tables?

Author:  trainman15 [ Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: gsmr 1702

I recently visited GSMR and I talked with a conductor about both the 1702 and the Sou 722. They are both striped apart in the shop and are supposed to be running in at least 2 years if the $500,000 is aquired for the 1702 and $750,000 for the 722.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/