Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Abandoned SWs
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23419
Page 1 of 1

Author:  bobyar2001 [ Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:29 am ]
Post subject:  Abandoned SWs

At a coal mine in Kentucky in 2006:

http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi?m ... 6_1246.jpg
http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi?m ... 7_1249.jpg

Captions do not say where. Odd exhaust in the latter photo.

Author:  Les Beckman [ Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Abandoned SWs

Might these be ex-Illinois Central units? Anyone know?

Les

Author:  wilkinsd [ Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Abandoned SWs

Yes, I believe these are IC units. They are at a coal operation in Western Kentucky that is now isolated from live rail due to the abandonment of part of the former IC line in Kentucky.

Last I heard, at least one is operational, and sometimes a local NRHS chapter is invited out to run the locomotive on the mine trackage. Of course, this is only what I've heard, it could be wrong.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/