| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Oregon Transportation Museum https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23548 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Richard W. [ Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:33 am ] |
| Post subject: | Oregon Transportation Museum |
Note: The following is from the McCloud River Railroad Yahoo site. I'm sorry this guy needs to go on the road as a comedian. Can't understand why people won't give him a bunch of money for his private railroad museum. Richard W. When Fred kepner's lawyer advertised the sale of Fred's rail units, I noticed the Yreka Western mentioned. I stopped in and asked what they were going to use if Fred sold the passenger cars they use. They told and guaranteed to me that they had "bought" the cars from Fred a couple of years back; and if anyone tries to come get them, they were going to find that they will never get them. I have amassed a lot of rail, auto, Monorail and other transportation equipment, to open the Oregon Transportation Museum; only to spend a lot of $'s then have our landlord insist on excessive insurance needs; that the insurance companies won't cover. Since some of the items were gifted; and most bought by me for use at the museum, I have been looking for a site both in Oregon and in California, to move the museum too. (note... I have always planned to open a second museum operation in Nor-Cal). A few days ago I received an email from Steve Sisku (one of the old hospital owners); saying he wish I'd move the museum to McCloud. My operation will consist of static displays, rides on trains, trollies, horse-drawn wagons & buggies; as well as fire trucks. I sent Jeff an email asking if he would consider working with me on holding events); and that I'd like to do short excursions (a mile or two in length) on either the current McCloud; or if he still owns the abandoned right of way, on it. To date he has not responded. While Steve says that he does not have a lot of room for the museum to at least partly set-up at his now bread-n-breakfast (former hospital), I plan to be in McCloud one of the days of the festival this month; and talk with him. I have a deposit on an old electric streetcar; as well, I have a chance to get a horse-drawn streetcar as well. If I relocate to McCloud, I'd like to operate one on McCloud's streets. I am a former event promoter; and would also hold a bunch of events in the town, to keep tourists interested. I would also like to ask that the members of this group work with me, to not only make my operation successful; but, to raise the funds, to get the #25 back in town; for either ocassional operations; or for use by my operation. I cannot afford to purchase it at this time; as I've lost a lot in Oregon, on a project that cannot open at it's present location. There's a lot more type of events that can be held in McCloud; that will raise funds; both for my operation; as well as to help get the town in a better tourist attracting condition. If anyone would like to help, please reply to this post, email me or call me. I'm in Redding for a hip replacement later this month; and have my cell phone with me (Verizon users use incalling). My other free minutes are after 9:00 pm; and all weekend (after 9 on Fricays) While I can change the name I've picked, at the moment, the California operation is planned to be called "International Transportation Park". Don Kirk Current website http://osrm.org |
|
| Author: | pactrail [ Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:03 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Oregon Transportation Museum |
This guy has done this at least three times that I know of, come into a town, get everyone all excited, big ideas, leave town with the town people holding the bag and wounders why no one gives him money. Mike |
|
| Author: | Robin Warren [ Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Oregon Transportation Museum |
Is the Kepner collection up for sale? |
|
| Author: | pactrail [ Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Oregon Transportation Museum |
Depends upon who you talk to. The State of Oregon AG's office will tell you that ALL of the equipment is for sale. But Martin Hanson, Freds atty. will tell you it is not for sale. So if you want some or all of the equipment talk to the State. Mike |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|