Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

AT&SF 2903
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23551
Page 1 of 1

Author:  bobyar2001 [ Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:46 am ]
Post subject:  AT&SF 2903

No date or place, but an early photo, with all Boxpok drivers, before they mixed in the BLW disc types:

http://abpr2.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi? ... anColl.jpg

Author:  Clem [ Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AT&SF 2903

This was before the "modernization". She still has the tapered rods and no stack extender. I am guessing that it would no later than 1946 or 1947. They all got ATS after the 1947 ICC 49/59/79 ruling. Santa Fe got busy "modernizing" these pretty quick after the war.

Great picture! I have seen one of the 2926 like that as well. I can't wait until ours is under steam again.

Author:  Bob Kutella [ Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AT&SF 2903

And of course the 2903 is part of the IRM collection at Union, IL.

Bob Kutella

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/