| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| B&M 3713 https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23577 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | bobyar2001 [ Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | B&M 3713 |
No date or place, but probably last excursion in 1956: http://abpr2.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi? ... anColl.jpg |
|
| Author: | Joshua K. Blay [ Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: B&M 3713 |
I just touched her the other day, strange to think she might breathe before 1361. Will be wonderful to see a baby Lima on the road after all this "super power." Joshua |
|
| Author: | Kevin Gillespie [ Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: B&M 3713 |
Joshua, With her dimensions, I cannot call her a "baby." Although she is nowhere near the size of an Allegheny, she is a substantial piece of locomotion. I am very much looking forward to seeing her in steam again for a very personal reason. Four years ago, I lost one of my best friends who was a fan of B&M steam. He was aware of her restoration, and was very enthusiastic about the project. When I delivered the eulogy at his funeral, I promised that when she hit the road, I would be at trackside to cheer for the both of us. It is a promise that I intend to keep for Will MacPherson and myse Kevin |
|
| Author: | ATK [ Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:57 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: B&M 3713 |
What's the latest status of this project? While the locomotive getting worked on right next to her has been a lightning rod for attention, no one ever says boo about 3713. The L&WV website appears to be woefully out of date in addition throws 404 errors for any page linked off the main page. The only time I ever see any updates is at the Springfield train show, which I unfortunately missed this year. Not asking the infamous question of "when" here, just curious as to the status. Is this project continuing to move forward? |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|