Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Escanaba & Lake Superior 14
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23579
Page 1 of 1

Author:  bobyar2001 [ Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Escanaba & Lake Superior 14

At Wells, Michigan, 10/2/56:

http://abpr2.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi? ... ls14_2.jpg

Author:  junior [ Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Escanaba & Lake Superior 14

Now Arcade & Attica's #14, nah?

Author:  Robin Warren [ Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Escanaba & Lake Superior 14

How do you find these? I went to the website and tried to find a picture but there seems to be no way to search.

Author:  bobyar2001 [ Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:39 pm ]
Post subject:  ABPR photos

There is a search feature on the ABPR, but it is of little use if the caption reads something like "Hey Jimmy, how do you like this one?", which some do. There is no index, so it is a matter of going through each day and looking for something interesting, of which there is much mixed in with mundane modern stuff. Each day will usually have 10-15 historic photos, out of 100-200 recent ones.

I simply download the thumbnails for a specific day and zip though them, making notes in a small notebook about things I might want to find again. Thus far, I'm into July 2006. When I find something pertinent to preservation, such as a steam locomotive that still exists today, I post a link. Occasionally, I'll post a photo of something that is long gone just because it is a nice or rare picture. After all, photography is a form of preservation too.

As I'm still a working conductor that is gone more than home, this is a small way I can contribute to the preservation movement. I've posted a flood of links recently as I was on a week's vacation, but I'm back to work at 1700 today..

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/